Guidelines for Authors
Authors are requested to strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
Style and Citation
The journal follows MLA Style (8th edition). The paper submitted must be completely in English. For the quotations in other languages, their English translation must be provided. Quotation of poem should be followed by the title of the poem under double quotation marks preferably with line number(s) of the poem in brackets; in the case of prose pieces, last name of the author with the page number(s) of the book should be used. Please try to avoid using only page numbers in text.
Quotations of two to three lines (both in prose and poetry) should be used in the running paragraph with correct references. Long citations should be indented without changing the font size, and space of a line should be provided above and below.
- Research paper: About 3000 to 5000 words, including Abstract (150 to 200 words), Keywords (5 to 7) and Works Cited
- Book review: About 1500 to 2500 words (Review of a book will be considered for publication if the book has been published within three years, not more than that.) A book review must contain full name of the author/editor/translator, full name of the book italicised, place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication, number of pages, form of publication (HB for hard bound, PB for paper back, or e-book), price of book (with sign of currency), and thirteen digits ISBN or ASIN followed by full name and institutional address of the reviewer.
- Poem: Maximum 20 lines each poem
- Paper Size: A4 (margin 1 inch on all four sides)
- Full title of the paper: Times New Roman, font size 14, bold
- Main body of the paper: Times New Roman, 12, justified, 1.5 line space
- Please don’t use foot notes, use end notes before Works Cited section
This section should follow the MLA style (7th edition). Please read the citation guidelines thoroughly while preparing it. All works cited in the text should be used in this section in alphabetical order.
Send a copy of the book to the editor-in-chief: Dr Vijay Kumar Roy, G – 64, Govindpuram, Ghaziabad – 201013, UP, INDIA for review of the book. Book reviews can also be emailed to the editor-in-chief directly for publication and a copy of the book should be sent to the above address.
Declaration of Originality
The paper must be accompanied with a declaration: “The paper entitled ………………… is my original research work which is not published anywhere and has not been sent for publication anywhere else.” The declaration should be followed by the author’s full name or signature with date, current designation, full name of the department, full office address.
Bio-note and Contact Details
A fifty-word bio-note of the contributor with brief career history should be provided followed by his/her name, current designation, institutional affiliation (full office address with Postal PIN), mobile number and email address. Full home address with Postal PIN should also be provided.
Other Important Information
- Authors should be careful regarding grammatical and typing error.
- Please mention the funding agency of your research, if your research has been funded by some agency.
- All authors must strictly adhere to the academic ethics. There is zero tolerance for plagiarism.
- Before sending papers for consideration, all authors are requested to must read and follow the ethical issues available on: http://publicationethics.org/
- Please do not send the same paper for consideration to another journal at the same time without communicating with the editor-in-chief or withdrawing it.
- Please do not send more attachments. Provide all requirements in a single Word File.
- Please go through a published paper in Ars Artium and follow the same format.
Submission and Publication Fees
There are no submission and publication fees for Ars Artium.
Subscription Fee (Hard Copy)
Individual / Institutional Rs. 2000 [India] / US $ 60 [Abroad]
Discount: There is a fifty percent discount in subscription fee of the hard copy of the journal for existing members of the World Association of Authors and Researchers (WAAR).
All contributors and institutions are requested to subscribe to the hard copy of Ars Artium and support the publisher to meet all expenses of print and online publication and the maintenance of the website. Please contact the publisher on the given address on Contact Us page.
World Association of Authors and Researchers (WAAR): Benefits for the Members
Ars Artium is published in association with the WAAR. There is no fee for online publication for the existing members of the Association. All members of the Association are encouraged in publication of their research papers, book reviews and poems on the sole merit of their quality. They can get benefits in subscription fee of the hard copy of the journal. For more information click on the link: http://waoar.org/become-a-member/